Today's the day.

No, there's nothing special about today. I mean, there's no "attached importance" as such, but, yeah, today IS special. I feel happy. Today is one of those rare days that I love life, that I feel glad to be alive. And like Charlie (from The Perks Of Being A Wallflower) does, I want to record how I feel today, so that when those shitty days and weeks where everything is wrong, and I don't see any purpose of my life, and viva externals tell me on my face that they flunked me and people ignore me, I know there are days like this too. Days that almost, almost make up for having to have to go through all that shit again. I feel infinite today. Like anything is possible. And I know that it IS.

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower is one my favourite books. I've decided. I usually have a very hard time or find it impossible to pick favourites. Especially when it comes to books or music. The music part, I still can't make up my mind, but when it comes to books. Yeah. TPBW is definitely one. A Suitable Boy's another, if you'd like to know. 

My cousin's been really excited about the 100 books project and said she'd like to start it too, and asked me to make a list. So I am. I'm selecting books from those 100 books you must read before you die lists by BBC, The Telegraph, TIME and all, but they mostly have the same classics. Bleh.

Don't get me wrong. Classics are GREAT. But I would love to read highly rated modern books too. Any recommendations? (Especially by Indian authors. New or old)

I'm eating a watermelon, listening to Going To California and sitting in my room, procrastinating (and not feeling guilty about it) Ahh.. Summer's here dahlings! Go lather on some sunscreen that you find. :P

And for the first time, I don't feel like signing off by saying that my post was pathetic. Because I don't really think it is. WOW. Special day huh?

P.S. Charlie reference again- Listen to the "Asleep" by The Smiths. That's all. Bai! : )











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let it out here!

 

© Copyright Avakai to Avogadro . All Rights Reserved.

Designed by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine

Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates