Clap your hands, say yeah.

Thanks to Blogadda, I came across an interview with a blogger, who wrote in one of his posts that the best thing about his blog, is his archive. It resonated a lot with me. Not that I am very proud of what I wrote earlier but my blog marks my transformation over the years.. I wouldn't have known the difference at the time, but looking at what I'd written earlier, it becomes so evident.

In a couple of months, I'm going to be in my THIRD year of engineering. It is a huge, HUGE thing for me. Having gone through indifferent/hate phases with my decision of taking this course up, and all the troubles that I've had to face, I can only say that it has made me who I am right now. I realize I ought to be very thankful for that fact. However much I have ignored this, or maybe I did know it all along every single thing that one experiences only  add and enrich the person you are.

A couple of years ago.. I was cynical, socially awkward, naive (in a certain way) and sort of disillusioned about the world and who I was. If you expected me to write that all that has changed now you'd be wrong. I am still cynical. But now, I have realized that this negativity is just a hindrance. I am still socially awkward. I can't talk to people all that much. But now, I have realized that I'll never if I could have had an interesting conversation with someone if I never try, I'll never know for sure if I am a nuisance to someone if I don't speak. My definition of a 'friend' and what I look for in people, is also, I must admit highly unrealistic. I still don't know who I am. Not really. But I know that I will figure it out eventually. I have an idea of the kind of person that I want to be, and that's enough.

But the biggest change that in me that one can see visibly is in the music I listen to. I was a music snob. I used to think that only certain kinds of music were acceptable and that all the others were trash. Over time, I have some to shed those notions and realized that music, is music, is music. I used to be derisive of people and songs that belonged to genres I had a contempt for, but now I jut accept the fact that what appeals to people, appeals to them. Just because I don't like a certain type of music does not, at all mean that it's not good. I am unable to word this in even a slightly eloquent way, but this, this is a big revolution for me. I am SO greatful for all the wonderful artists that made me realize this, and the other wonderful artists that I could discover because of this.

In a week's time I get a shortlived, but well deserved break from college. Here's hoping that I'd use that time constructively, and blog more. As always, DON'T PANIC!

P.S. All the hitchhiker's out there, attend Towel Day. I'm so excited about it! For those of you who don't believe that someone could POSSIBLY wear a towel and roam around all day, well, you just have to wait and watch.


8 comments:

phatichar said...

Interesting. :)

All the best for 'towel' day.. :P

Female Proton said...

x] The archive is the awesomest thing about a blog. If you man up and resist the urge to delete.

Mark said...

It is indeed true that just because you don't like a piece of music, this doesn't make it bad. The same can be applied to almost anything really. As for who you are, only you will know that, but you can be anyone you want. You're always you, and that's all you have to be. You really can be any kind of person you want.

PeeVee™ said...

The very fact that you can look objectively at the past you and figure out how exactly you have changed shows that you've grown :)

Sadhana. said...

@Phatichar, thanks! :D

@TOY: Well, you can alwaysrevert them back to drafts *guilty*

@Mark: True. Thanks for the comment! You've been very encouraging! Appreciate it! :)

@PeeVee: I hadn't thought of that.. but yes! =)

Vijay said...

Thanks for your support over the Cool Blogs

And it's a diversion to a personalized official blog

http://actorajithandvijay.blogspot.com

thanks
Vijay

boo ! said...

Towel Day - FAIL!

boo ! said...

Towel Day - FAIL!

Post a Comment

Let it out here!

 

© Copyright Avakai to Avogadro . All Rights Reserved.

Designed by TemplateWorld and sponsored by SmashingMagazine

Blogger Template created by Deluxe Templates